What are you doing on the 14th June? Fancy coming along to an event that combines talks on blogging, photography, communities with a bake off, picnic and the nicest bunch of people you could ask to meet?
You’ll need to get a ticket for Blognix then.
The Birmingham-based blogger event (in the trendy Custard Factory – are you sensing a food theme here?) is designed to provide new and experienced bloggers with an opportunity to learn more, meet other bloggers and have fun. Last year’s event offered a great mix of content, with even the more seasoned bloggers learning something new (my particular favourites were the photography sessions and Kim’s blog design session). It has a really relaxed, friendly environment – partly because it’s organised by lifestyle blogger Elizabeth Sellars (one of the nicest people you could probably meet).
So, why am I telling you about this? Partly because I know a good chunk of my readers blog too so this should be right up your street! But also to let you know that I’ll be on the speaking line up (talking about freelancing, obvs), along with some Freelance Lifestyle favourites including Rosie from One Man Band Accounting, Sam and Lea from The High Tea Cast, Hayley from Bonjour Blogger, Hayley from LBQBlog and Kim Lawler. So to see a few friendly freelance faces would be lovely.
Why come to Blognix 2014?
* Talks from inspiring, successful expert bloggers (check out the speakers page for details)
* In-depth workshops
* Plenty of networking opportunities
* A fun-packed day with like-minded individuals (seriously, I now work regularly with two of the bloggers I met at Blognix, and chat to many others on a regular basis)
* Free tasty lunch
* Free tea and coffee station
* Photobooth fun (the line starts behind me)
* Chance to take part in this year’s Blognix Bake-Off