It’s been a long time coming, but after several false starts, technical issues (e.g. my failure to read instructions) and tedious tweaking, I’ve finally moved to WordPress.
Thanks to tutorials by Rosalilium, Beautifully Invisible and Techieminx, I finally managed to get around my teething problems. These included:
- Installing WordPress. I got extremely impatient with being unable to login, only to discover it took several hours to go live. By this morning it was loaded up and ready for me!
- Transferring my feedburner. Techiminx solved this one for me, but some of you might have a bunch of my old posts sitting in your reader. Sorry!
- Images Thumbnails. The most time-consuming task was going through each post and uploading the images onto the server, so they showed up as a thumbnail.
I’ve still got to go through and fill in the All-In-One SEO
section for the posts, and some of the formatting needs some work, but for now I’m quite happy with it!
Additionally, I’m loving the following WP Plugins:
- Tweet Old Post: Does exactly what it says on the tin – sends out tweets of old posts occasionally to maximise traffic.
- Thank Me Later: An email sent out to those that leave a comment, thanking them and reminding them about my Twitter account and Newsletter.
- BlogGlue SEO button: Tests whether I’ve fully SEO-optimised my blog, and makes suggestions for how to improve.
- Skimlinks: Not a new one, but easier to install on WordPress.
- Akismet: For getting rid of any spam
I’d love to know what you think of the blog? Anything you love? Anything you hate? Any Plugin suggestions? Let me know in the comments!