It’s that time of year when we all start to reflect on what we’ve done so far this year. I know I’ve been doing that a lot recently, after a tough but really interesting year. It’s easy to get to the point where you find yourself treading water, relying on your current client base and not thinking about the future. So now is the time to reassess what you’re currently doing, and what you want to do going forward.
This week’s task is a simple one to get the planning procedure rolling. Make a list of your dream clients. It might be a list of all the brands you’d love to work for, or an outline of the kind of client you want to work with. This will help you focus your plan for 2013.
Here’s some things to think about when drawing up your list:
- Do you want to work with big or small businesses? A mixture of both?
- Which brands do you admire? Why?
- Do you want your dream clients to have a particular ethical approach?
- Would you prefer to work with charities?
- Do you want to work with a certain sector e.g. fashion/tech/food?
- What would you like to bring to those clients?
So, who would be on your dream client list? Share your thoughts below!