Welcome back from the weekend (or rather, welcome to the extended weekend – hurrah for Jubilee bank holidays!)
This week, I wanted to do something a little different. I’d like to set a small challenge each week for those freelancing or working from home, or thinking about doing either of those. I’ll take part in the challenges too, and report back on how I get on.
This week’s freelancing challenge
As it’s a short week, I’m going to keep it simple for the first one. We’re six months into the year, so I challenge you to come up with a list of five goals you want to achieve by the end of 2012. They can be a mixture of personal and professional, and as big or small or serious or silly as you like. The important thing is that they’re achievable.
For me, my five goals for the rest of 2012 are:
- To increase my income from 2011 by 15%. I’ve got a few different projects which I’m hoping will help me meet this goal, but a business plan is needed!
- Continue to post regularly on The Freelance Lifestyle.
- Podcast more. I got the bug last week when doing my first podcast, and I’d love to continue doing them.
- Adopt a more healthy freelance lifestyle – I’m looking into a new exercise routine and getting back on the meal planning wagon. Now I’m freelancing full-time, it should in theory be easier to fit in some exercise. Challenge coming up for that.
- Finish planning the majority of my wedding in April next year. It’s been on the back burner a bit because of work but I’m hoping to get it mainly sorted by the end of the year.
So now it’s over to you! Leave a comment with your top five goals, or write a blog post and let me know! I love to see what other freelancers are hoping to do this year.
p.s Like a challenge? Want 30 days of them? Check out my 30 day Freelancing Challenge ebook.